Tuesday, May 26, 2009

voila

Yesterday, today, and probably for the rest of the week, I’m working about 6 hours in the vines. Not ideal, I prefer to go somewhere with my boss and move boxes. But it’s not so bad. The thing is, we have a task like raise this wire and pluck the shoots off the bottom of the vine, which takes a person maybe a little less than an hour to do, each row of vines. But this guy has like 36 hectares of vines… totally impossible to do by yourself, or in less than a couple week. Either way, one menial task for chunks of a few hours kinda bugs me. When I have my own vines, it’s going to be a small enough quantity that I can take care of it myself, or at least put energy into until it’s done. Either way, I’ve been working hard, even though I didn’t until today get around to asking my boss if I’ll be paid (good news folks… 30 euros a day is much better than nothing)

I just spent a 4-day weekend at the beach, at my friend Alexandra’s place in Valras, where I’ve gone one time before. It was a bit cloudy, but we saw some real nice patches and got some swimming in. low points include a stolen Frisbee and a lost pair of sunglasses (NOT the first time i’ve tried to swim with shades on… luckily they had cost me $5) but overall very pleasant.

Sunday night I played ice hockey, real ice hockey (with full gear and clean ice and full-sized goals and the whole arena and everything!), for the first time this semester. And last night I played roller hockey for the first time all semester. That was really great because the level of play was a lot tougher than anything else I played this semester. I sweat a lot. I just came from ultimate, and worked an extra long day in the field. I can't remember ever being this physically tired. Tomorrow its back to the vines then pickup hockey. Whew! i'm going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment